Chung Bope originated from observing:
The benefits of Chung Bope practice include:
- The pressure of water falling from a high waterfall
- The pressure of moving air in a tornado
- The radiant heat and strength from the fire of a volcano
- Striking the correct target with the right strength (full control is necessary)
Chung Bope is the key to develop Chung (open hand strike) to it's highest level. With Chung Bope you can unify mind, body and spirit in all Chung strikes. You learn to know when to use speed, when to use strength, which joints are used, and which parts of the body are used in every strike.
- Combines internal and external strength.
- The movement combines the hands, feet and body together in unison with the proper breathing.
- The tremendous strength derived from practicing Chung Bope can be used for offense and defense.
- Proper Chung Bope practice can increase longevity and quality of life.
- Incorrect body position during Chung Bope practice can be harmful to body development
- Hand development and Chung strike practice without the correct Chung Bope application can easily lead to joint and nerve problems.